The journey towards competence and confidence as a therapist starts with becoming aware of what you don’t know and addressing it through a combination of personal therapy and education.
The new College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario has really helped to ensure that psychotherapy is practiced by well-trained individuals who are practicing safely and in the best interests of patients. But are therapists effective at their art? Are you struggling to keep patients or build a practice? Do you have blind spots or triggers but do not know how to address them? Do you understand the theory but not the practice of psychotherapy?
I provide therapy for therapists seeking to address issues such as:
- Therapist self-disclosure
- Practice marketing
- Getting through the first few sessions
- Patients who terminate therapy early, or do not return
- Building an effective therapeutic relationship with clients
- Addressing boundaries
- Defining the purpose of therapy
- Feelings of ineffectiveness, inadequacy, anxiety and guilt
- Pricing, contacts and office location